Director of Business Development
openDr Inc, a rapidly growing software company in the US healthcare space is seeking a Director of Business Development who has experience acquiring clients either for a web-based service company, healthcare company, or another type of start-up company. The Director of Business Development reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and will be a key member of a growing team. In this role, the candidate must acquire new business by aggressively contacting hospital systems as well as large healthcare practices, including radiology practices. Candidate must apply innovative sales strategies, tactics and solution-oriented selling methodologies to acquire new customers and enhance the sales process. Must have a willingness and eagerness to learn a complex industry while applying best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly responsible for driving and maintaining Company’s revenue.
- Develop plans and strategies for creating new business and achieving the company’s sales goals in conjunction with CRO and other team members.
- When necessary, replenish sales pipeline, network with large radiology practices and hospital systems with the goal of acquiring new business.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interaction.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Create a positive sales environment by maintaining a consistent and positive attitude.
- Be a role model for the company culture.
- At least 2-4 years sales experience in software sales, healthcare sales or other start-up sales.
- Proven track record of significant over-quota achievement and demonstrated career stability.
- High volume of professional networking and key prospect outreach.
- Hard working, motivated and hungry to succeed.
- Team player with the ability to contribute to a fast paced team oriented environment.
- Able to learn and implement new and exciting sales strategies.
- Outstanding creative writing and presentation development and delivery skills.