A statement from openDoctor CEO, Joe Marino:
As we’re all preparing to halt the spread of COVID-19, we are in close and continuing discussions with our clients and market leaders on offering best practices for patient communications.
Our clients and partners are currently experiencing:
– Staffing shortages
– Increased inbound call volume
– Growing no-shows
Our goal is to limit the exposure of the virus and assist in alleviating operational challenges. Working with our partners, openDoctor is creating digital campaigns focused on addressing patient education.
– Website pop-up offering to reschedule appointments
– Digital communication: email and text message outreach for upcoming appointments
– openDr patient portal notification for existing patients of the practice
– Expediting additional exams that can be self-scheduled online via patients and referring providers
For practices with limited digital capabilities, we are offering complimentary assistance with digital communication strategies regarding your updated COVID-19 protocols.
We will continue to provide market insight with best practices. We encourage others to share additional strategies that they find successful.
Thanks and stay safe,
Chief Executive Officer